Job Index: September 2017 Report
Download Report PDF
- The Labourforce / Impex TL&SC Job Index rose a further 1.3% in August.
- The National Index, at 140.48, is closing in on the record high set in March of this year.
- The permanent market is very strong, rising a further 3.5% in August, up 14% year on year.
- Meanwhile Temporary and Contract job opportunities eased 3.4%. It’s now 3.7% lower than twelve months ago!
- Queensland has been performing particularly strongly in the last quarter.
- Meanwhile Victoria remains the best performing state and territory, the index at a new record high of 184.02.
- TL&SC Management job opportunities are up 11.1% year on year and closing in on their record level.
- By way of contrast automation and productivity gains are hurting TL&SC roles with demand down 5.8% in August alone.
- Demand for Stores Persons and Freight Handlers have commenced their seasonal ascension rising 5% in the month.
- Both Retail and Manufacturing are enjoying healthy employment expansion. The former is seasonal and the latter more structural in nature.
Job Index Report Archives