Transport Coordinator / Customs Junior
- ASAP start
- Parnell Location
- Fulltime role
Position: Transport Coordinator / Customs Junior
Work hours: 9am - 5.30am (weekend work when required, approx 1 half day every 3 weeks)
Salary: $50K-$60K (based on experience)
To provide support for all the functions of the Logistics business with key focus on assisting with cartage, data entry, liaising with MPI, Customs Departments, quoting, invoicing and arranging insurance all with accurate record keeping and attention to detail.
- Arrange cartage deliveries, required paperwork and pickups by working with the preferred carriers and updating records and dates accurately in the shared.
- Use the CargoWise One software to raise client invoices and approve creditor invoices.
- Assist with the provision of quotations for transport, customs and logistics services using the agreed tariffs or preferred
- Undertake data entry to ensure efficient record keeping, timely and accurate accounting of the daily transactions of the
- Undertake data entry for customs clearances to ensure efficient and accurate record keeping of Customs
- Enter in look up codes to EDI if applicable
- Work with NZ Customs, MPI etc to correct any issues relating to errors on BACCs, errors on entries, arrange and book
- Manage bookings and documentation for shipments requiring and all associated paperwork required along with monitoring shipments and keeping clients updated on status.
- In support of the Manager help manage the relationship with ISS McKay and help with the required customs clearances, transport, POD's and associated services in support of the
- Keep accurate filing and Edocs
- Provide cover when required between roles and weekend
- Any other tasks required as requested by the Manager
Skills & Expertise:
- 1-2 years oceanfreight / shipping experience
- EDI knowledge preferred but not essential
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- A background in transport / customer services /operations beneficial
Contact: For more information please call Ane on 021 467 500 / 09 256 6592
15 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time