- Customs Broker
- Excellent team environment
- Airport Oaks location
About the company:
Our company specialises in international freight and shipping offering our valued customers hassle free customs, logistics and shipping services.
Purpose of the role:
If you have a great attitude, are a team player and confident in offering your opinion then keep reading. The right candidate will possess all these values and have a minimum of 2 years Customs Brokering experience.
Key Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Accurate customs clearing preparation
- Classification of export and import products
- TIE, Carnets, Permit entries, Sight Enrties
- MPI and other government body applications
- Follow up for any inspections, audit requirements and amendments
- Concession and ruling applications and advisory assistance.
- Collect or receive documents into office, stamp & file in 'Entries to be prepared' file in date/mode (airfreight, FCL,LCL) order, contact client for any missing documentation, ring shipping lines, air lines, forwarders etc for charges, transhipment details etc.
- Preparation of all types of both Import & Export Entries including Duty Drawback, Temporary Import Entry etc in accordance with the Customs Act & Regulations. Contacting clients & obtaining information necessary to complete Customs Entries. General liaison with & visiting Customs/MPI as & when necessary to facilitate Customs/MPI Clearance. Ensuring Entries are cleared before the vessel/flight arrives wherever possible.
- Obtaining MPI, NZFSA & other Government Agency clearances for Import/Export, general liaison & visiting Government Agencies as & when necessary to obtain Import/Export clearance.
- Advising clients re duty rates & Government Agency requirements, preparation of Duty Concession.
- Applications & any other Government Agency applications required for Import/Export.
- Understanding of NZ Customs, MPI & other regulatory departments imports and exports requirements.
- Receipting warehouse deliveries into the system & producing Put Away Sheets, booking & instructing labour to facilitate put away of cargo receipted into the warehouse for storage.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- UUI Customs PIN (min 2 years)
- Good communication skills.
- Competent computer skills.
- Cargowise EDI software experience.
- Clean full drivers licence.
Airport Oaks location
Good salary on offer
For a confidential discussion
Contact Ane on 021 467 500
10 Jan 2019
- $65000 - $70000 per year
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Auckland Airport