FCL Transport Coordinator
- Airport Location
- Career Progression
- Fulltime role
Position: FCL Transport Coordinator
About the Role:
The FCL Transport Coordinator's responsibility is to ensure the on time and accurate delivery of client's cargo to meet both business and client specific KPI's, in particular delivering maximum profitability.
- Collation and sorting of all required despatch documents, including OBL, Gate Passes / Delivery Orders & printing of Delivery dockets.
- Timely, clear and accurate supply of delivery instructions ensuring the physical movement of cargo is delivered to required expectations.
- Liaising with various internal departments and carriers as to cargo collections and specific customer delivery requirements.
- Following instructions for client delivery / collection and related issues.
- Daily review of freight transactions - Cartage advised for delivery vs. delivery complete.
- Update of transactions / events & status of cargo movements in CargoWise.
- Monitoring and reconciliation of Driver Deliveries vs POD's to ensure delivery in full on time.
- Monitoring of the dehired reports through GAP/DIMS and communication where necessary with GSS to ensure that delivery and dehire dates are being entered and the GAP report is being maintained.
- Reduction and elimination of detention and demurrage charges by monitoring pick up requests from the ports and managing free days with carriers. Managing through the GAP report and through GSS services.
- Communications of additional delivery charges to Operational Finance to ensure accurate recovery. This includes Det/Dem and additional cartage charges or Port charges, storage or handling fees.
- General support duties for the transport department.
- Assist with cross training to support other roles within the transport department.
- Ensuring compliance to the Transportation act governing New Zealand requirements.
- Support all initiatives in relation to Company Policy and procedures.
- Other tasks deemed necessary from time to time.
Experience & Attributes:
- Knowledge of freight forwarding requirements, markets and regulations.
- Computer literate.
- Customer centric.
- Good command of written and spoken English language.
- Analytical skills.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy.
- Flexible to changing priorities and customer needs.
Location: Airport Area.
Salary: Good salary on offer.
Contact: For more information contact Ane on 021 467 500.
2 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Auckland Airport